Friday, July 23, 2010

Contemplatin'

What to do?

I'm almost quiet enough to think about knitting. Summer so far has been full of bustle, and there are still events ahead, but I think I can pull off a week of low activity so that I'll have time to play with wool and alpaca and cotton and cat fur...



So... spin, knit or pet...
Hmm- I need to get my needles into this
satchell...it will probably end up enormous because 1. I seem to have an enormous gauge and 2. it's a cotton blend and cotton always ends up enormous. But if it is giant, I can put all my other UFOs in it. (See below)

So maybe I'll work on this "belt" I started because, and I'm not kidding, I thought I needed a very pink belt made of suede and novelty yarn. I can't recall which outfit I thought I needed it to "tie together." I'm doubtful if I can pull off the outfit, but I could probably pull off finishing it in an afternoon. The why's can come later...



And then there's the hot, sticky and very hairy red mohair scarf- started last summer about this time, completely frogged since and reworked into a narrower version. Still pretty fat, but no longer bath-towel dimensions.



Or maybe...I decided a month or so ago that I needed to enter the world of socks. So I got me some sticks and some pretty thin string and went to work. I had a blast until I realized that sooner or later I'd have to start bending the thing around the actual body part. So...that still needs to be tackled...


I don't even know where to go with this. All I know is that I stuffed 8 skeins of this in a brown paper lunch bag and gave the nice lady $10. I'm a sucker for bag sales...




And then I cannot fail to mention the whole ocean of spinning and home spun in whose tidal pools I am wriggling my toes.


And that takes me back to the age-old dilemma: knit, spin, or pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment