Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hooked!

My first hooked rug! It was started after my visit to the beautiful Locally Made Shop in Leroy, NY a little more than a year ago. The lovely Jan introduced me to the art of rug hooking and even let me try a few loops on her rug. I was literally hooked. I returned again this year at about the same time and visited her- in the meantime I had acquired a rug hook, backing, a lot of wool and cutting tools. I was almost ready to go, I just needed a pep talk and last minute reminders. When I got back to Michigan, I found an image, started sketching, and made the rug. So here's how it went, from drawing to finished rug.
Are you sure you want to do this? 
Goat Sketch. 

First loops, it's fun!

OK, goats are cute!


I can see how this is going to be!


It's feeling ruggy!

The camel hair background was THICK!

Hooked! now...the edge...


Green wool, whip stitched. 


Must sign and date.


And the finished product:
Done!
Happy 70th Birthday, Mom!!

"SMILE"

No comments:

Post a Comment